A top-ranked business school in Executive and InCompany Education according to the Financial Times
2,500 students annually, with a network of 18,000 alumni located in more than 100 countries
Public Value Creation certificate
Social Profit Canvas
Increasingly, organizations in the public domain must field questions regarding the value they add to society and the impact of their actions. How are you improving child protection services, what is the impact of your housing policy, what increases in mindfulness have you achieved in education? To help make the ways in which value is achieved more visible, we have developed a new conceptual and working model: the Social Profit Canvas. In this master class, you learn the reasoning behind this model, discuss the approach and apply it to a case in practice.
Participants are senior professionals in the public and non-profit sectors. They work on the development of new approaches and projects to better serve their clients. To this end, they assess which objectives to work towards, resources to deploy and stakeholders to involve. They must defend their choices to the general public, administrators and politicians. Some examples of participants:
- Policymakers at government and social organizations
- Municipal aldermen and council members
- Directors and managers of welfare institutions and cultural organizations
- Team managers at educational institutions and corporations
- Controllers at care institutions
InCompany Program for Organizations
TIAS School for Business and Society maintains close contacts with nationally and internationally operating organizations. We develop tailor-made courses for all subjects, disciplines and functions that are relevant to business transformation. This can be a 100% tailor made program or a customized program, made up of existing program components from our open courses.
More information about TIAS InCompany programs?
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAM?
What makes this program so strong and unique?
You learn a practically applicable approach to the explicit demonstration of your value proposition.
Widely applicable conceptual and working model for the design, monitoring and assessment of services you provide.
The Social Profit Canvas can be used at multiple levels, including at an organizational level or in an administrative context.
The Social Profit Canvas model is based on the latest scientific insights and its applicability has been widely tested in various sectors.
How will this program benefit you? This master class teaches you how to define the impact of your work more accurately. You are presented with an overview of factors that can influence that impact and learn better arguments to demonstrate how you have used and influenced these factors in order to achieve a desired result. Consequently, you are better equipped to discuss your creation of added value in the public domain with stakeholders, collaborators, colleagues and managers. This increases both your impact and your influence.
How will this program benefit your organization? It can be challenging for organizations to determine how to create and expand their added value. By using the Social Profit Canvas, organizations can make the effects of their actions more visible, define accurate objectives to heighten their effectiveness, and better express the impact of their policies. In these ways, they can expand public support and improve understanding of their added value.
- Organizations are able to define their objectives (what they do and don’t stand for) with greater accuracy.
- Accurately defined objectives make it easier to determine which resources to deploy and to be more transparent about these decisions toward their own staff and the outside world.
- Employees become more motivated, as they can express more clearly how their organization is contributing to society.
- Availability of an agenda allows employees to discuss means of implementation more effectively with colleagues, managers, directors and partners in society.
- Organizations expand their public support, as they can show stakeholders why and how they are working to achieve certain objectives.
Why choose TIAS School for Business and Society?
- A top-ranked business school in Executive and InCompany Education according to the Financial Times
- #1 Institution for Master’s degrees in the Netherlands in 2019
- All instructors are top experts from academia and the business world
- Directly applicable scientific and practical knowledge
- Flexible programs tailored to your needs
Read more about TIAS accreditations and rankings.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND CONTENTS
The three-day Public Value Creation Master Class is based around the Social Profit Canvas model. It delves into the reasoning and starting points underlying this conceptual and working model. We also practice its application to your own projects and activities. We address what the implementation of this approach will require of organizations. Finally, we reflect on ways to make your impact more visible (observable and measurable) and which information can play a role in this.
PROGRAM COMPONENT CONTENTS
The Public Value Creation Master Class consists of three consecutive days of lessons. The program is designed to minimize the time required to prepare for the master class. Allow five hours altogether for preparation.
Upon completion of this master class, you will receive a Public Value Creation certificate from TIAS.
Several parts of the program can be used to register for PE points. Feel free to contact our Program Adviser for further information.
“KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE DOING IT FOR IS CRUCIAL.”
PROF. DR. MARC VERMEULEN
A WORD FROM OUR ACADEMIC DIRECTOR
“Working for a just, inclusive society has been and remains enormously important. However, the professionals doing this work are subject to increasingly critical appraisal by ordinary citizens, the media and policymakers. That means knowing what you are doing it for is increasingly crucial. This master class provides professionals with the tools they need to accurately present their value, improving their motivation and self-confidence. Their organizations reap the benefits too, as their approach becomes more effective and considered as well.”
LEARN AT TIAS
Do you want to create more impact on your organization and on society?
With the flexible approach of TIAS, you create impact:
- Tailor your education and learning path to your learning needs
- Learn a lot in a short time through frequent interaction
- Individual attention is at the heart of the TIAS approach
- Learn at your own pace, both online and on-site
- Start whenever you want
Would you like more information about our program design?
THE NEXT STEP
TIAS is the business school of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology.
NEVER STOP ASKING